I think I'm only gonna post one picture of my Cheza cosplay from the anime Wolf's Rain. The pictures are all taken with my cell phone
so they're not the greatest quality.
Minor photoshop on the eyes, but that's about it.
Yes I'm really that pale...
Wolf's Rain has got to be my favorite anime :3 It's probably the first anime I ever watched knowing it was an anime.
I was stupid and didn't have a jacket at the convention. Of course with that knowledge fate decided to make it snow outside :I A Yoko cosplayer and I ran together to our cars after the con....she know my pain </3
The cosplay is about 95% done, I ran out of time before the convention and wasn't able to put the blue straps around my thighs and arms. The costume is made completely by me :3Costume breakdown~
- I used a swimsuit material for the main body, then used bias tape to attach the lines. Normally I would of sewn them on, but on the images I've seen Cheza does not have any seams on them, and they're 3D on her costume.
- Instead of painting on the thinner lines along the front and back like most people did, I actually sewed seams in the front with a darker blue thread to make them more obvious. I did that because when I researched Cheza's character design, they said those thin lines are actually zippers.
I'm not that skilled or care enough to actually sew zippers on it ...
I don't know if you can actually see the seams though in the photo. You can a little at the top xD Maybe when I take higher quality photos they will show up.
- To be able to actually get in
the costume I applied an invisible zipper to the back that matched one of the seams.
- On all of the diamonds I cut it in a big cross then hemmed them with an ongoing stitch to keep it together and not have the diamonds lose their shape. I also used a thick fabric tape instead of the heat and bond I did on the rest to also aid in keeping the diamonds in shape.
- I also didn't have time to make her gold bracelets or necklace...
- I cut and styled the wig myself, using one I bought off ebay. Of course when it came in the mail half of the wig was about 2 inches shorter then the other half...So her hair is a bit shorter then it actually is.
- Cheza doesn't have a belly button piercing like I do, so I hand made one with little gold spheres that matched her gold shackles :3
-Cheza has thick thick black eyelashes, so I tried to use thicker eyeliner xD I didn't have any fake eyelashes sadly....My doggy decided to eat them the day before >3>
You can check out my Wolf's Rain fanart here [link]